Pantone surprised everyone this year and announced not just one, but two colours of the year for 2016: Serenity, a gorgeous frost blue, and Rose Quartz, a pale blush tone. Both are incredibly gorgeous colours when worn either alone or together, and are the perfect addition to a vintage styled wardrobe!
Layer them together for a fresh spring look or wear a single colour head to toe for dramatic monochromatic impact. I can’t wait for spring’s warmth so I can break these bad boys out and wear them on the town! Without further ado, here are eight incredible vintage inspired pieces in Pantone’s 2016 colours!
1. Shabby Apple G’Day Dress, $96.00
2. ModCloth’s We Now Present You, $68.00
3. Karen Walker’s Starburst Dusty Pink and Gold Sunglasses, $291.86
4. ModCloth’s Fair is World’s Fair Skirt, $69.99
5. Asos’ Olivia Burton Dusty Pink Wonderland Midi Watch, $160.78
6. ModCloth’s San Francisco Sweetheart Coat, $89.99
7. ChicWish’s Candy Colour Purple Mini Backpack, $47.52
8. Rosie the Rebel’s Voodoo Vixen Donna Dress, $89.99
I hope I’ve convinced you all on the versatility of these colours and how fabulous they’ll look this spring! What are your thoughts on this trend? Do you love pastels and can’t get enough of them? Or are you tired of seeing them every year and wish for something a little bolder? Post a comment and let me know how you feel! 🙂